- The beginning of the end for Inheritance Tax?The Daily Telegraph, a prominent national newspaper, has recently launched a campaign urging the government to abolish inheritance tax (IHT). The publication highlights that over 50 Conservative MPs also support this call, considering the tax to be morally unjustifiable for individuals’ estates after their passing. The newspaper’s front-page story emphasizes that the number of estates… Read more: The beginning of the end for Inheritance Tax?
- Leaving it all to the Dog!Karl Lagerfeld, the renowned former Creative Director at Chanel, left behind a world-famous cat named Choupette upon his passing in 2019. While the exact amount is undisclosed, reports suggest that Lagerfeld left Choupette a substantial sum of $1.5 million in his will. Now, Lagerfeld’s former housekeeper, Françoise Caçote, is responsible for caring for Choupette. But… Read more: Leaving it all to the Dog!
- My Granny’s False Teeth!New research has shed light on the fascinating world of peculiar assets inherited through Wills. From axes and stuffed snakes to an unexpected tortoise, a survey has unveiled some truly intriguing items. Alongside more conventional bequests like horses and Victorian trumpets, it is the “weirdest” belongings that have captured attention, including singular socks, spades, and… Read more: My Granny’s False Teeth!
- LPA uptake continues to surge in face of worsening delaysDespite the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) experiencing worsening delays, new research indicates that the number of Power of Attorney applications continues to soar in England and Wales. Over six million Powers of Attorney were currently registered with the Office of the Public Guardian at the end of March 2022, an increase of 5.3… Read more: LPA uptake continues to surge in face of worsening delays
- The 10 millionth Will has been registered on the UK’s register of WillsThe National Will Register recently stated that it currently has over 10 million Wills in its database. According to a 2021 survey conducted by insurance provider Canada Life, around two in every five UK individuals, or 21 million people, have created a Will, implying that The National Will Register claims to have over half of… Read more: The 10 millionth Will has been registered on the UK’s register of Wills